Some of our users of CBD oil report leaks from their bottles. Numerous factors may contribute to this, and it can become rather inconvenient for some users if they discover they are losing a lot of oil due to leaks. Fortunately, by adhering to recommended procedures for handling, storing, sealing, and cleaning CBD oil bottles and lids, this problem can be substantially avoided. All the information a user of CBD needs to prevent CBD oil leaks contained in this article.
Are Leaky CBD Oil Bottles Defective?
Although it would appear that a leaky bottle of CBD oil is flawed in some way, this is not usually the case. Because CBD oil is slick, it can make it difficult to close the lid securely when it becomes stuck in the seal mechanisms. This is usually not indicative of the quality of the CBD oil or the bottle; rather, it is the result of improper usage or storage procedures.
It is suggested that users get in touch with Holistic Hemp Scotland for further guidance and information, or even a replacement, if they have tried all of the below solutions and are still experiencing leaks of CBD oil. This also holds true if there is a clear flaw in the bottle that isn’t related to CBD oil’s slick consistency. Taking a picture of the leak can be helpful because we might request photographic proof of the problem.
What Causes CBD Oil To Leak?
Leaks from CBD oil bottles can occur for a number of reasons. This is due to the fact that anything that allows oil to enter the bottle’s seal mechanism, cap, or both has the potential to leak. For instance, if you open an oil can and then leave it lying down instead of standing up straight, the oil can seep into the lid and perhaps leak.
When using a pipette upside down, oil may also flow into the lid. If this isn’t cleaned up, it may become difficult to correctly close the bottle. Users run the risk of a leak when they shake their CBD oil in an up-and-down motion. If there is no space left between shaking and opening the bottle, this risk rises. The reason behind this is because when the bottle is shaken, oil moves to the lid. If the lid is opened too soon, the oil hasn’t had time to settle back into the bottle.
It is also worth noting that if the package, containing the CBD oil, is not properly handled by courier it may also cause a leak. For example sorting a package incorrectly or making mistakes during the loading or unloading process might lead to certain damages, such as a fall that happens by accident.
There is a greater chance of harm to the box or its contents when there are excessive cargo movements due to poor road conditions or careless driving on the part of the courier.
How Can Users Avoid Leaks?
Though frustrating, CBD oil spills can be avoided in a number of ways. These include:-
- Appropriate storage: To avoid leaks, make sure that bottles of CBD oil are kept upright at all times. Because CBD oil is slippery, leaving a bottle on the ground could cause a leak if any oil gets into the lid or seal mechanism.
- Keeping the bottle lid closed for 5–10 seconds: If the lid doesn’t seem to be sealing, try holding it there for 5–10 seconds. This facilitates the release of air, enabling the bottle to seal correctly.
- Cleaning the lid and seal mechanism: Tightening the lid may become difficult if there is an accumulation of oil residue in the lid or seal mechanism of the bottle. To prevent leaks caused by slick oil, just use a cloth or paper towel to wipe the residue from both surfaces before shutting the lid.
- Using a pipette correctly: Leaks can be caused by drips and residue from the pipette. To prevent this, fill the pipette with only the amount of oil required for a single dose rather than all the way up. Additionally, it’s imperative to avoid tipping the pipette upside down since this promotes oil seeping into the cap.
- Shaking side to side: Before using CBD oil, some consumers like to shake it. It’s helpful to shake side to side rather than up and down when doing this. Oil is forced into the lid by shaking the container up and down, which could affect how well the bottle seals. In order to minimise residue on the lid, attempt to shake the bottle and then give it a minute or two for the oil to return to the bottle before opening.
The following are important things to keep in mind to prevent CBD oil leaks:
- Leaks from CBD oil are more frequently the result of incorrect use and/or storage procedures than they are of the oil itself or the quality of the bottle.
- Because CBD oil is inherently slick, if it gets inside the lid or on the seal mechanism, it may not close the lid securely.
- There are several strategies to prevent CBD oil leaks, such as appropriate pipette use, airtight sealing, cleaning procedures, and shaking methods.