What Is Bulletproof Coffee?
Bulletproof coffee, also known as butter coffee, is a high-calorie caffeinated drink made with added fat. It is intended to fuel start your day by replacing carb-heavy breakfasts. It was created by the originator of the Bulletproof diet, Dave Asprey, an American entrepreneur and author. The drink has become popular with low-carb and keto diet followers.
When Do You Drink Bulletproof Coffee?
The originator of bulletproof coffee claims a cup provides the fuel to start your day while offering a low-carb alternative to the carb-laden breakfasts that most of us are accustomed to. Its these carb-rich cereals and pastries that tend to disrupt blood sugar levels and leave us craving another sugar ‘fix’ by mid-morning.
What Do We Know About The Benefits Of Coffee In General?
There are a few properties to coffee that make it the drink of choice for so many. For one thing, the aroma has anti-anxiety properties. Its rich smell just makes us feel good, which can also help to relieve nervousness. Also, coffee is a natural antioxidant thanks to its richness in polyphenols, which are also abundant in cacao and red wine.
To make it really healthy, try to replace milk, which is damaging for polyphenols, with grass-fed butter and MCT oil – derivative of coconut oil. MCT stands for mid chain triglycerides which are the molecules of fat with 6-10 carbon atoms and are directly metabolized and used for energy instead of glucose. This makes them easier to digest. You can absorb MCT in your bloodstream quickly. This turns it into energy you can use.
The benefits of CBD are also well known, and it needs to be taken with fat consistently to work. That is the reason why a lot of CBD products come in the form of oils mostly hemp-seed, olive or MCT.
Also Read: Carrier Oils For CBD: Why They Matter
CBD not only pairs well with the coffee and the fats, but it imparts relaxation and enjoyment that is hard to match.
While I don’t drink coffee nearly as much as I used to, I enjoy it mixed with butter, MCT oil and CBD to get my daily dose of CBD and the energy boost this CBD-infused beverage offers every single time I have it!
Also Read: What Is CBD Coffee?
Bulletproof Coffee With CBD Ingredients
- 8 oz fresh coffee — I prefer a French press, as it gives you the best flavour and something calming in the ritual of making it but any method of brewing coffee of your choice will do as well.
- 1 table-spoon of grass-fed butter.
- 1 rounded teaspoon of organic coconut oil – you can use MCT oil instead of coconut oil.
- 1/2 to a full dropper of CBD oil with MCT carrier (preferably) which is about 10-20 drops and CBD concentration of your choice. I use 10% CBD oil or 20% CBD oil.
- First thing is to brew your favourite amazing coffee.
- Once your delicious coffee is ready, place 8 oz in a blender. You can also place it in a container to use an immersion blender. Be careful here, because it’s hot!
- Add butter, coconut oil, and CBD oil to the brewed coffee.
- Blend your coffee mixture for 15-20 seconds. It will foam up quite nicely. The foam will add about 2 ounces in volume.
- If you choose, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top for a little extra flavour and a beautiful presentation or even a few crystals of sea-salt to give it an additional tasty edge and reduce cravings.
- Pour yourself a warm cup and enjoy it fresh!