Why CBD Topicals Are As important As Oral CBD
This statement might shock you, but it’s true. CBD topicals are as crucial as taking CBD orally, if not more. The general CBD user takes tinctures – the most well-known variant of CBD product. However, what people don’t realise is the importance of topicals and their vast array of benefits.
With that being said, let’s explain exactly what role CBD topicals play and why they’re critical to our wellness and well-being.
Firstly, What Is A CBD Topical?
A CBD topical is any cream, lotion, salve or liquid that’s infused with CBD and can be applied directly to the skin. CBD is essential; there is no denying that. However, what CBD companies noticed is that there was a gap for healthier and more organic skincare. The issue with oils, balms, creams, and lotions is that they contain harmful ingredients and frankly leave out an essential component: CBD.
An additional support to validate the urgency and need for CBD as a topical is that every living being has an endocannabinoid system – which CBD directly stimulates.
What Are The Benefits Of CBD Topicals?
CBD topicals have endless benefits, and while research is still in the earlier stages, it has proven to be incredibly promising.
- Multifunctional: Topicals are great because they tackle particular ailments. People might use topicals over pain areas, which is more direct than taking oil that might not have noticeable effects.
- CBD is not toxic: CBD is likely the top organic and natural ingredient that directly connects to the human endocannabinoid system. The worry of ingesting or applying anything is the impact it might have on our bodies, which is why CBD is so great.
- Ailments: While research is limited, there are clear studies that show the potential for CBD in topical products, specifically its effect on joints, wrinkles and skin abnormalities.
- Topicals may not be strictly topical: Any CBD product can act as a varying intake method. A CBD pump, for example, might also work effectively if taken orally.
There are misconceptions and ideas about CBD topicals that just aren’t true. So, what are the myths?
- CBD topicals don’t work
- They are harmful or reactive on the skin.
- They are not as effective.
- They are limited in use.
- They are only for people with acne, pain, wrinkles or skin abnormalities.
CBD topicals are suitable for everyone and arguably even more effective than tinctures, pastes and capsules, to name a few. People are not educated on topicals as much as they should be when it’s the saving grace that we never knew we needed.